Investor Carl Icahn to Have Dinner With Tim Cook, ‘Magnitude’ of Share Buyback to Be Discussed
Activist investor Carl Icahn, who now discloses material information via Twitter, tweeted today that he and Apple CEO Tim Cook will be having dinner together in September to discuss Icahn’s desire for Apple to increase its share buyback.
Icahn recently purchased more than $1 billion in Apple stock and believes the company is ‘extremely undervalued’.
Spoke to Tim. Planning dinner in September. Tim believes in buyback and is doing one. What will be discussed is magnitude.
Earlier this year, Apple increased its capital return program to more than $100 billion via increased share buybacks and dividends, and issuing bonds for the first time in over a decade.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• BlackBerry Messenger User Guides Posted, iOS Launch Coming Soon?
• Refreshed MacBook Pros with Haswell Chips Coming in September?
• iOS Gameplay Capture Platform Kamcord Secures Over $1 Million in Funding, Announces Community Features
• Apple Preparing Employees for OS X 10.8.5 Launch with New Prerelease Build 12F35
• 'Asphalt 8: Airborne' Launches for iOS with New Physics Engine, More Cars
• Apple Looking to Patent iPhone Status Sharing System
• Facebook Updates Pages Manager for iOS with Multiple Photo Uploads, Improved Insights
• Real Racing 3 Updated with New Cars and Events