Being familiar with our ads policies can help you avoid violating them. When we detect ads or sites that violate our policies, we block them. And in the case of repeated violations, we may permanently suspend a violator from advertising with us. That’s why we strongly encourage advertisers to work proactively to fix problems and learn from their mistakes.
Here are some tips for keeping your account clean and clear of policy violations in the first place, so your ads can run smoothly:
- Learn the key principles behind our ad policies, like “Advertising shouldn’t violate users’ trust or privacy.” Following these principles alone can help you avoid violations. You can also dig into the specific underlying policies to learn details (full list of policies).
- If you receive a warning during ad creation, review the relevant policy to understand if you’re compliant before uploading the ad.
- Ensure your contact information is up to date to receive policy notifications, and be sure to read any emails we send you about AdWords policies. We also post all policy updates online ahead of time.
Identifying and resolving violations
If one of your ads has been disapproved, you’ll want to understand the reason so you can resolve it and prevent the same violation in the future. This is how to get the details:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click Campaigns near the top of your account.
- Click the Ads tab.
- Look through the Status column to see which ads are disapproved. If you have many ads, you might prefer to use a filter (learn how).
- Hover over the white speech bubble next to “Disapproved.”
- Click the disapproval reason to learn more.
We appreciate your help ensuring that Google ads provide a trustworthy and positive experience for users.
Posted by Sudhir Jha, Google Product Manager